Suicides on the Farm:
1. Supriya Menon reports Every Week in Maharashtra, One Suicide, Tehelka, July 10, 2004
2. More details are provided in an excellent cover story in Frontline, July 2, 2004 An Agrarian Tragedy http://www.hinduonnet.com/fline
3. World Bank has expressed its displeasure over the move to supply free power to farmers.
4. Devinder Sharma in New Scientist, July 8, 2000: Green Revolution turns sour
5. KPA Prabhakaran Nair has brought out the technology aspect of the farmers suicides in his essay When Farm technology falls short of expectations, Business Line, July 6, 2004. http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/2004/07/06/stories/2004070600081100.htm
6. See Devinder Sharmas My Vision for a Global Agriculture, a talk delivered at the UK Food Groups dialogue on agricultural trade reforms, subsidies and future of small and family farms and farmers, at London, June 30, 2004.
7. From an address by the author on Trade, Biotechnology and Hunger at the McGill University, Montreal, Canada in Nov 2003. http://www.mcgill.ca/reporter/07/sharma/
Published in In Motion Magazine August 7, 2004
If you have any thoughts on this or would like to contribute to an ongoing discussion in the
What is New? || Affirmative Action || Art Changes || Autonomy: Chiapas - California ||
Community Images || Education Rights || E-mail, Opinions and Discussion ||
En español || Essays from Ireland || Global Eyes || Healthcare ||
Human Rights/Civil Rights || Piri Thomas ||
Photo of the Week || QA: Interviews || Region || Rural America ||
Search || Donate || To be notified of new articles || Survey ||
In Motion Magazine's Store || In Motion Magazine Staff ||
In Unity Book of Photos ||
Links Around The World
Copyright © 1995-2020 NPC Productions as a compilation. All Rights Reserved.